Swiss Travel Pass Flex: Non selected travel days

• Gvordermann
    Participant
    2 posts
    11 May 2023 at 17:55:48 #829829

Good afternoon, My partner and I will be traveling in Switzerland from 18 June to 15 July 2023. I have a question regarding the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. I understand unlimited traveling on days that we select. My question is in regard to the days that are not selected travel days. Are the museums, city transport and discounted trips to the mountains still viable, with the flex pass, or only on selected travel days ? Thank you, Greg

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    11 May 2023 at 18:14:14 #954357

Hello Greg,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

That’s great you are Switzerland bound.

With the Swiss Travel Pass Flex, that’s right, all the benefits are only valid on the selected days. More information on the Swiss Travel Pass Flex can be found here including the coverage map, where to buy, how to use:

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Gvordermann
    Participant
    2 posts
    11 May 2023 at 22:05:04 #954358

Hi Yolanda,

Appreciate your quick response. We’re looking forward to our time in Switzerland.

Thank you, Greg & JoLynn

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2023 at 11:29:50 #954359

Yes, I’m afraid this is the same for all ‘flex’ type transport passes. Unfortunately you can’t expect the authorities to allow entry to museums, discounts on mountains etc on non ‘selected’ days , as you would be getting something that you have not paid for!

Bear in mind that you can tweak your itinerary so that on days you don’t select as ‘travel days’ you can use local or regional day passes and other beneficial ticketing options.

This does not just apply to cities but to whole areas – Switzerland has many ‘tariff areas’ (aka ‘Fare networks’) – a concept developed in Germany in the 1970s to bring together under common ticketing a major conurbation or region.

For example, ‘Ostwind’ covers the north East corner of Switzerland around St Gallen, Bodensee and Appenzell: http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/buying-options/fare-networks/ostwind-fare-network.html

Links to all the Swiss tariff areas can be found here:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/buying-options/fare-networks.html

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex: Non selected travel days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.