Swiss Travel pass from 2nd May to 9th May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2016 at 8:06:23 #809040

Dear Arno/Annika/Slowpoke,

Hi!

As you know we will be travelling to Switzerland (family of 2 adults and 2 children) from 2nd to 10th May 2016.

I tried to buy the swiss travel pass (family pass) online from http://www.swisstravelsystem.com/en/passes/swiss-travel-pass.html.

I’m facing two problems:

1. it is not allowing me a start date of 2nd May – Why is that ?

Can I buy it online with the start date of 3rd May and then start using it from 2nd May once I reach Zurich on 2nd May.?

2. After booking and paying online, In how many days will I get the email link to download and print the passes at home ? Given that I have just 4 days before I travel.

3. Can I buy the swiss travel pass at Zurich Airport ? If yes, where ? And whether at 0630 AM in the morning when I land there.

Thanks

Sumeet

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    28 April 2016 at 16:05:07 #851346

Hi Sumeet,

I don’t know that site very well. Most of the major sites to purchase from are listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price. If you buy from any of those we can help you with the details.

I guess you’re too late, that’s why they don’t allow May 2. And you can’t buy a pass for May 3 and use it on May 2. I suggest to go to http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-travel-pass-82 as they still offer print at home passes for May 2. They e-mail the pass quite quickly, same or next business day so I heard (for sure in time or they would not allow you to buy for that date). As discussed here, you’ll get a Rs800 discount with the promo code “MSA800INR”. You can buy at the train station of Zurich Airport as well; it will be more time consuming though. Their sales desk should open around that time. Having the pass in hand is more convenient as you can board the first train straight away.

I hope this helps, enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel pass from 2nd May to 9th May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.