Swiss Travel Pass, Lucerne Visitor Card – discount

• Paulr99
    Participant
    8 posts
    10 November 2022 at 22:48:31 #828624

(1) As I understand it, the Berner Oberland pass has 35% discount if Half Fare Card is also purchased. Is there a similar discount for the Swiss Travel Pass with the Half Fare Card? I could not see anything.

(2) Lucerne Visitor Card — quote from the web site: “you only benefit from the discount if you present your guest card together with your ticket.”

What does this mean? I thought you would present the guest card when getting the ticket . . .?

Thanks, Paul R

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2022 at 22:54:00 #948278

1) The Swiss Half Fare Card and the Swiss Travel Pass are national products so neither of them will give discounts for the other.

Possession of the Swiss half fare card gives discounts on local tickets and passes, either normal train fares or regional passes

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2022 at 22:58:13 #948279

2) The instruction just means that, regardless of how you have obtained a discounted ticket, when you travel you need to show both the ticket and the guest card. You can’t show just the ticket or just the guest card.

Paulr99
    Participant
    8 posts
    11 November 2022 at 22:17:37 #948280

Ok, thanks again. I misunderstood. It means when you get on the train or bus, and not when you buy the ticket. 🙂

Paul R

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass, Lucerne Visitor Card – discount’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.