Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail Global Pass

• Kittyc3
    Participant
    5 posts
    11 July 2022 at 20:22:45 #827749

Traveling to Switzerland on September 2 solo. I’m overwhelmed by so many beautiful places to visit. I will be flying into Zurich. Stay 4 days between Zurich and Montreux, then 2 days in Annecy, France then back to Switzerland for 5 days (Zermatt and St Moritz) over to Italy (Milan, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Tirano) for 7 days, back to Switzerland for 2 days. Not sure if I should get Euro pass for 21 day pass or Swiss flex pas for 15 days and 1 country Italy pass for 8 days. I know I have too many places on agenda but don’t know what to cut. I am a 74 year old lady and won’t be doing any hiking and probably not any museums. What suggestions can you give me.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    11 July 2022 at 22:40:44 #944211

Hi Kittyc3,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Based on your plans, a Eurail Global Pass might be practical as you will be travelling in multiple countries. Be sure to check out the validity map and see if it covers the destinations on your itinerary. A Swiss Travel Pass Flex could also work but not sure if this gives you the best value. I recommend listing all your travel plans in Switzerland in detail, then compare the cost with the help with our spreadsheet here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

If you get a STP Flex, then you need to arrange to get separate country railpass for France and Italy. Would that be practical for you?

Let us know if you need further help.

regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail Global Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.