Swiss Travel Pass Flex for 10 days +1 later

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 15:40:34 #816542

Hi is me again ,chanahpat! Your advice is to buy to buy 8days SwIss Travel and buy point to point Pass for 1st day and last day.If have to fly In to Zurich again for 1day stopover.I have been advice to buy the 15 days FlexPass.Please advice me. Kind Rgds chanahpat

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 17:08:36 #887847

Hi chanahpat,

So you may come back to Zurich (when exactly?) for 1 day and you’ll want to do some trips by train that day?

It will depend on how much travel you do. A 15 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex is 134chf more than the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass (non-flex).

If you have 11 days of travel total and within within 30 days (and the 3 extra days of travel costs more than 134chf) then it might be worth your while.

You really need to plan out all trips you will do in Switzerland and do the math to compare against the different rail passes. https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2018 at 7:50:48 #887848

Hi Lucas,

I really appreciate your patience for my questions.My finally decision is : Reaching Zurich Airport on August 7th,transfer to Bern by train for 3 nites. During my stay in Bern , I will go to Biglen for day trip.from August 10 will proceed to Wengen for 4 nites. In Wengen I will be visiting most attractions.From Wengen to Lucerne on August 14th for 3 nites. On August 17th fly out from Basel.On August 29th will be back to Zurich for 1 nite and fly home on Aug 30th. Lucas can advice me to buy the right Travel Pass.PS: Bern and Lucerne I can use the free public transport provide by the hotels.

Kind Regards Chanahpat

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2018 at 13:15:27 #887849

Hi chanahpat,

My advice was to buy a 15 day Swiss Travel Pass to cover your 11 days in Switzerland. Just buy point to point tickets as needed in Zurich if you are just staying in town.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex for 10 days +1 later’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.