Swiss Travel Pass Query And Travel in Swiss

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2015 at 19:51:38 #807528

Hello,

I have planned to Swiss from 10th of Jul to 13th of Jul (4 days) from Paris and I have reserved tickets for the same.

Below is the itinerary:

1. 10th: Paris to Geneva – Buy Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days

2. 10th: Geneva to Interlaken – Stay in interlaken and visit Jungfrau(11th), Mt. Titlis (12th)

3 . 12th: Interlaken to Lucerne – Stay at Lucerne.

4. 13th: Mount Pilatus/ Lucerne lake . Then to Zurich

5. 13th; Zurich to Paris

Queries:

1. Can I buy 4 days Swiss Travel Pass on arrival in Geneva at train station ?. If not, then where I can buy ?

2. Can I travel on any train/bus using this pass without any reservations ? Example : If I have to travel from Geneva to Interlaken, is there any reservation required prior to travel on the same day of travel to destination.

Please clarify.

Thanks in Advance !!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    9 July 2015 at 9:31:33 #844332

Hi prasannabg,

Thanks for your post!

1. Yes, you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass in Geneva. It will be a bit more expensive than online as you can see here, but it is available there.

2. Please see here for what’s included in the pass, and here for how reservations work. You don’t need to book seats.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2015 at 22:04:53 #844333

Info is very useful.

Thank you very much !!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Query And Travel in Swiss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.