Swiss Travel Pass to Lyon

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2016 at 3:25:54 #808498

I have a Swiss Travel Pass and on my last day I wish to travel from Geneva to Lyon. The train requires a reservation according to the timetable. My question is weather the Swiss Pass can be used or is there an additional cost. If it can be used how do I make the reservation ? I have looked but am unable to figure it out. All help greatly appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    27 February 2016 at 7:48:28 #848787

Hi dmacphee!

The Swiss Travel Pass isn’t valid for traveling from Geneva to Lyon, as that’s in France. Please check myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity for details on validity and coverage. So you need seat reservations and regular tickets for this journey. Our page on train tickets for France helps you out. Please see here for where to purchase your Swiss Travel Pass.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass to Lyon’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.