May 30, 2016 - 9:48 PM
Non Swiss residents, 2 Seniors traveling with grandsons 15 and 18 in June/July and need help with which pass or card is best. Traveling from Innsbruck to Lucerne for 1st night. Next day Lucerne to Wengen with stop in Bern.
- Question is do we buy a ticket Lucerne to Interlaken then another ticket to Wengen?
- If we buy the 1/2 Fare card that requires purchasing individual tickets each day are the ticket machines in English?
- Does 15 year old need to have a 1/2 fare card.
- Is there a discount for 18 (think no discount for youth or seniors).
- If online purchases of Swiss Travel Pass or 1/2 Fare Card will that get us from the Austria border to Lucerne?
Thanks so much for your help. We will be using the trams and funiculars in the Lauterbrunnen area as well as cogwheel trains.