Swiss travel Interlaken, Zurich, Lucerne via train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2016 at 11:08:29 #809062

Hi

I am planning my travel in second week of may,16. I am planning to travel below:

Interlaken (2days) + Jungfrau

Lucerne (2days) + Mt.Titlis

Zurich (2days) + Rhine Falls

Which travel pass will be suitable for me to travel above areas including all public transport for 6 days ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    2 May 2016 at 5:43:55 #851440

Hi deepesh, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Half Fare Card seems to make most sense in your case.

Alternatively you may consider an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass, as that allows even more flexibility and ease of use. Whether or not it’s worth its money depends on further details of your travel plans. For example: traveling up to Rigi may make a difference, as that’s discounted with the Swiss Half Fare Card but for free with a Swiss Travel Pass.

Here‘s how to calculate which pass suits your plans best.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2016 at 10:30:13 #851441

Hi Annika

What about local city transport if I buy half rate pass.

Do we have day passes availble for inyerlaken, Lucerne and Zurich ??

Deepesh

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 May 2016 at 14:24:00 #851442

Hi Deepesh,

If you click to the “Where it’s valid” section of the pages Annika gave you, you can download maps and see what’s included. City transport is free with the Swiss Travel Pass. With the Swiss Half Fare Card you need to buy discounted tickets or day passes. There are day passes for Zurich and I think for Lucerne as well. I don’t know for Interlaken, but it’s a small town where you can get around on foot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2016 at 13:40:42 #851443

Dear Arno

Thanks for your reply, could also suggest what is the best way to purchase half rate card or travel pass, from station or online ??

I am starting my journey from interlaken, can we get travel card/pass from inyerlaken West station ???

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 May 2016 at 14:04:10 #851444

Hi Deepesh,

If you click to the “Price” section of both pass pages Annika gave you, you can see all purchase options, and pick the one that suits you best. Online is more convenient as you can print the pass at home, don’t have to wait for a ticket office, and board your first train straight away. You can go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en to order the pass. After filling out your address, they will list shipping options. Pick the “Online Ticket” option from the bottom of the list, so they will e-mail you the pass within 2-3 business days.

Enjoy your trips!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2016 at 14:43:06 #851445

Thank Arno

2-3 days will be long for me. I am travelling on 7th may to interlaken. So which option do you suggest online or station ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 May 2016 at 16:11:04 #851446

Hi Depeesh,

In that case you’d better go to the station of Interlaken West or Ost and buy it from the service desk there.

• The thread ‘Swiss travel Interlaken, Zurich, Lucerne via train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.