Mar 17, 2013 - 11:22 AM
What is great site this is- though still I wanted to start anew thread !
I am arriving at noon in Geneva airport with my spouse andtwo kids ( 10 & 6) on 3rd April. I have booked my departure on 7th April at9am to Paris(TGV) from Bern
I am planning to stay in Interlaken all nights (I haven’tbooked it ) . My goal is also to keep the cost to minimum.
Here is my tentative itinerary:
3rd April: Take Train to Interlaken via Gstaad ( Goldenpass? ) . Overnight at Interlaken
4th April: Visit Jungfrau, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwel ,Trumellbachfalls, Schilthorn.. Overnight at Interlaken
5th April: Visit Lucerne: Boat ride ( William Tell express ?) , Mount Pilatus ? Overnight at Interlaken
6th April: Need suggestion. Not sure if Zurich is too city-like?Overnight at Interlaken
7th April: Catch train to Bern and then to Paris.
Following are my questions:
1. can you suggest a good itinerary? is 4th April too ambitious ?
2. Can I take "any" train from Geneva and Montreux to Interlaken (not Golden express).As the website shows there is no reservation available. Where do I book forreservation in Geneva or Montreux . I like not to book online, as I like tokeep the agenda flexible
3. Famous Swiss pass vs. point-to-point query. 4+1 1st classpass is too costly, I would settle for 4 day pass + last day of point to point.Another thought is I will stay at Bern (if I get good hotels closer to trainstation) on 6th April itself. Any suggestions?
3a. My second daughter’s turns 6 on 3rd April –Do I still buy ½ ticket on 7Th April
4. I would like to visit some good countryside on 6th April.Will taking Glacier/Bernina express be better - but only half way (as I can'tafford 8 full hours ) ? any other suggestion ?
5. On Train to Lucerne from Interlaken, should it be againGolden express. Where do I get reservation ?
6. Will staying in Lucerne be easier, than All nights atInterlaken ? ( I haven't booked the hotel yet )
7. Any other suggestions on the itinerary? We would like to see more snow ( in April),more scenic places than cities and museums.
Thanks in Advance.