Switzerland 10 day trip Luzern, Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2018 at 3:19:05 #815313

Hi

Thank You for this wonderful forum, after doing many hours of reading, and internet research, I decided to extend my trip by 2 more nights. I will be making this trip Solo ….. I will be in Europe 3 weeks flying from USA to Amsterdam because my daughter lives there, then on to Paris, to Milan all by train, this part is Booked. I have plenty of busy city time, the last leg of this Dream trip is for a slow paced visit, and relaxation, outdoors, nature and hiking.

June 24-Milan to Tirano station to get on the Bernina Express to Chur, this is booked with reservation. After reading this forum, I decided to stay the night in Chur.

June 25-Chur to Luzern for a 3-4 nights, cant decide, hope to get some direction. Not interested in boat trips. I would like to see Pilatus, Titlis, explore old town…relax…

June 28-Wengen-4-6 nights -Kleine Scheidegg, Jangfraujoch, Schilthorn , hike, relax…I have viewed hike sites and maps for easy to moderate.

July 3 back to Amsterdam for flight home July 4

If I only stayed 3 nights in Luzern, 4 nights in Wengen, where else would be a great 2 night stop over on my way back to Amsterdam from Basel by train? Is there 2 directions by train from Interlaken to Basel ? Or would you recommend a completely different trip back to Amsterdam?

I have viewed train timetable.

I am completely flexible, and would appreciate any suggestions.

Another question is the Math on train pass, I have viewed all the sights…I never liked Math ….I was planning on purchasing the Half Fare Pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 April 2018 at 5:30:54 #882194

Hello Debyalas2 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

At the end of you trip you could consider taking the very scenic Golden Pass Line to Montreux for a couple of nights. You could then head to Basel using the fastest route.

Not many people enjoy the math. If a Swiss Half Fare Card feels right it probably is providing you don’t mind having to buy tickets as you go.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2018 at 7:28:44 #882195

Hi Debyalas2,

Consider taking the Voralpen Express on your trip between Chur and Luzern. It runs from St. Gallen to Luzern (avoiding trains changes in Zurich) and getting to see an under-seen part of Switzerland. Also make some time in St. Gallen and the Library there – https://en.wikipedia.o rg/wiki/Abbey_library_ of_Saint_Gall

Are you looking for a 2 night stay between Interlaken and Basel? Or Basel and Amsterdam? I wasn’t clear.

Math does indeed suck. haha. If you don’t want to bother with buying tickets (with the Swiss Half Fare Card) you could grab the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass. But with having 10 full travel days the SHFC may indeed be the simplest.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2018 at 12:28:19 #882196

Thank you, Yes I was thinking about a 1 or 2 night stay from Interlaken to Basel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2018 at 15:15:28 #882197

Perhaps look at Bern? A very lovely town. You can make a day trip to Neuchatel, Biel (French area) or Solothurn.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2018 at 16:32:37 #882198

Thank You

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2018 at 23:09:57 #882199

Murten is also very nice as a day trip from Bern.

Maggie

• The thread ‘Switzerland 10 day trip Luzern, Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.