Switzerland April 1 -10 itinerary help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2017 at 10:46:41 #811133

Hi,

I and my family have decided to travel Switzerland from April 1-10.

here is the Itinerary i made:-

Apr-01,02,03- Base: Zurich

Day Trip to Rhine falls

day trip to lucerne and mt titlis

day trip to mount rigi

Apr-04,05,06- Base: Lauterbrennan/Murren

Murren/Wengen/Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald. jungfraujoch(depends on weather), wengen,grindelwald,murren.schilthorn, gimmelwald, stechelberg, trummelbachfalle, brienz cruise, open air museum

Apr-07,08,09- Base:Montreux

gruyere, zermatt, geneva

Apr 10- Back to zurich and catch flight at 12:55pm

i request all the helpful people for help

1. if the itinerary is good

2. if i should remove/add any destination considering we will be visiting in april.

3. to go to mt rigi or mt pilatus

4. to consider murren or lautterbrunnen as base in BO. I dont want to stay in interlaken.

5. to change the third base

6. Any small change or advice will be of huge help

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2017 at 17:29:08 #860268

Hi Siddhigoel and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. I think you have a very nice itinerary!
    2. Just be aware of weather and how quickly it changes (don’t count on the forecast until the day before and be prepared for cold and snow in the mountains!
    3. Oooh tough call – I might lean towards Mt. Rigi over Mt. Pilatus unless you plan on doing some skiing? Read through the pages I linked to help you decide as well.
    4. Again, read though these pages to help you decide, its a personal decision, though I think either is quite nice I might say Lauterbrunnen over Murren.
    5. Nope, I think Montreux is a great town!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions!

Lucas

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 March 2017 at 7:20:31 #860269

Hi Siddhigoel,

Just wanted to add that you’ll be there in low season, which means that not everything is going to be open. The Ballenberg open air museum will not open until April 13. The Trümmelbachfälle should open early April, but depending on the weather, so no guarantee. High altitude hiking trails will not be accessible yet.

Still, there will be plenty left to see, so no worries!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 13:08:43 #860270

Thanks Arno and Lucas for your valuable inputs. They were really helpful.The website is amazing and so are the moderators 🙂

• The thread ‘Switzerland April 1 -10 itinerary help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.