Where to stay in Switzerland during Christmas?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2016 at 10:17:04 #809866

Hello.

I am planning to Vist Switzerland during Christmas with my wife 2 kids and 63year old mom. Travel would be from 24th Dec till 2nd of jan2017. Kindly suggest me which place should I keep the base so that I can enjoy the Christmas season and also the shops and super markets should be working during the main days.

We are 5 of us including my 63 year old mom. So suggest some apartment or place to stay which is closely to rail station and super markets.

I am planning to stay 6nights at one base,whichever you suggest and 2 nights in zermatt , as few of my friends suggested me that spending the new year eve in zermatt would be great. And finally 1 Night in Zurich as I have to catch a morning flight back to India on 2nd January.

And would Glacier 3000 , Mt Titlis, jungfroch, and Matterhorn excursion and St Mortiz do-able during winters.

Please guide me as to where to stay during the winter season for the best expirience

Regards

Amit

• The thread ‘Where to stay in Switzerland during Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.