Aug 20, 2012 - 5:43 AM
Thanks for a prompt reply.Based on your suggestion for train passes I have 2 open questions:
1) As for Swiss 4 days rail pass- Will the first day validity starts date/time we get it stamped? e.g. We start our first train trip on Sept 6 at 3:00 pm.So, Can I assume that it will be valid till Sept 10 3:00 pm. If yes, then we are covered for all the time we are in Swiss, else I might have to buy flexi pass as you advised.
2) The other couple does plan to visit France in 6 days by Train.Looked at France-Swiss pass, but unfortunately they don't have any 2nd class option for Adults. So it costs 1118$ for 2. Is there any cheaper option you know? Might be buy 2 swiss rail pass offer, then swiss to france train and separate france rail pass.
Regarding the Itinerary need some guidance: (Sorry to flood you with questions, I realized how hard it is to plan the whole trip :()
1) We reach Luzern almost at 3:00-4:00 pm on Sept 6. Any suggestions on what attraction we can cover on that eve. (Chapel bridge etc)
2) On Sept 7, I planned to go to Mt. Titlis in morn via Cog railway and Mt pilatus in afternoon. Is it even possible or too ambitious to do in 1 day?
3)On Sept 8- Plan to go to Interlaken and leave from there in afternoon for Zermatt. All I find in Interlaken is sports/adventures. Any other Places we can go in half a day or should we skip Interlaken alltogether?
4) What do you recommend to cover in Zermatt for half a day on sept 8 and half a day on Sept 9?
5) Any advise for Zurich on Sept 9 night and morning of sept 10.
Honestly am not even sure this much will be possible with a 18 month old :-), but I am very excited for this trip and trying to plan it perfect.
Thanks a ton in advance!