Switzerland – trip budget with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 6:34:50 #814244

Hi,

My parents will be traveling to switzerland in June for a 11 day trip from 19th June to 29th June. They will be buying the the Swiss Travel Pass for 15 days. I am trying to plan their trip and the various excursions that they can do. Need some advise on the cost of the excursions mentioned below.

I understand that some of the excursions have discounts with the Swiss Travel Pass. Can you advise me on, given that they have the Swiss Travel Pass, what additional amount they will have to pay (for travel and entrance) to each of the following excursions.:

1) Mount Titlis

2) Jungfrau

3) Matterhorn Glacier Paradise

4) Mount Harder kulm

5) Rhine Falls

Looking forward to some advise and help in this regard.

Thank you

Nupur Karwa

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 10:06:48 #875594

Hi Nupur,

You can see what discounts they get on those trips with the Swiss Travel Pass here.

Mt. Titlis, for example, is 50% off from Engelberg but from Lucerne to Engelberg (let’s say that’s where they are staying that day) the trip is free.

You can find the prices between towns and mountains on the Swiss railways timetable here. Search Engelberg to Kleintitlis. The first price you see is for Swiss Half Fare Card holders – double it for the regular fare and then take off the discount applicable with the Swiss Travel Pass – in this case 50%.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 10:30:50 #875595

HI lUcas,

Thanks for your reply. However, i am not able to see any prices on the timetable site that you have sent. I entered for eg:Engelberg to Kleintitlis. The page that opens shows me the time table for the connections but when i click on Purchase option, it does move ahead at all., doesn’t show that price either.

Is there any other way I can check the prices for these excursions. Or would you have an idea of the prices for the above excursions before discounts, in the month of June.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 13:37:30 #875596

Hm yes it might be a bit too far out for pricing. You can search for an earlier date and find the price without problem. It will be 66chf (single) / 92 (return) before discount for Engelberg to Kleintitlis.

You can also visit the mountain’s website as well – ie Mt. Titlis: https://www.titlis.ch/ en/info/general/Prices

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 15:13:40 #875597

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply. That is helpful.

Do you also know what it will cost me to do the following excursions:-

1. Matterhorn Glacier Paradise (excursion from Zermatt) using Swiss Rail Pass – round trip

2. Jungfraujoch (excursion from Interlaken) using Swiss Rail Pass – round trip

Alternatively, i can check it if you tell me what station names i should type for the above two in the rail time table.

Looking forward to hearing back form you.

Regards, Nupur

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 February 2018 at 15:51:51 #875598

Hi Nupur,

You’ll find links to prices on all our attraction pages:

• The thread ‘Switzerland – trip budget with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.