Switzerland Trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 November 2010 at 3:26:20 #804053

Hi,

Me and my wife are planning to visit Switzerland (3 days) from Paris between 15 Dec and 31 Dec. Please guide us on the below points:

1. Places to visit
    2. Rail Pass
    3. Accomodation

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
    Mohit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 November 2010 at 4:40:32 #831966

Hi Mohit. Welcome to this forum!

Well, I would purchase a return ticket Paris – Basel (on the Swiss border) and a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. I would then go to the region around St. Moritz and do some train trips/viewing points from there. A hotel would be most convenient for a short stay. Some nice towns there are Pontresina, Celerina, Samedan, Bever and Zuoz. And St. Moritz itself of course.

But this is a very personal preference. Please tell me more about your interests if you want me to be more specific. I also suggest that you browse this website to get an idea about the various regions and rail passes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 November 2010 at 14:32:47 #831967

Thank you so much for your reply.

The places I’m interested to visit are Zurich, Interlaken, Bern and also a trip to Jungfraujoch.
    I would like to know that if I travel from 25th Dec to 27th Dec or 1st Jan to 3rd Jan, then which will be the preferred period to visit Switzerland? I hope there will be no holiday / shut down due to Christmas or New Year.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,
    Mohit

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 November 2010 at 8:27:31 #831968

Hi Mohit! There won’t be that much of a difference between both periods. Most of the main attractions (such as panoramic train trips and cable cars) will run during holidays as well, but it may be crowded then. Most shops will be closed down during Christmas, but this only affects December 25 (as December 26 is on a Sunday this year). If you know which activities and trips you want to make during your stay in Switzerland, you can get to the websites (take a look at the link page of Graubünden, for example) and look for opening times.

• The thread ‘Switzerland Trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.