Great stay in Wengen, Switzerland in mid June 2018

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2018 at 17:32:53 #817142

Hello

I would like to thank this forum and all the lovely people out here who help us with every bit of information making us easy for us to plan our holidays to this beautiful country.I had joined this forum sometime in december 2017 and had been putting up my own queries and reading other people posts too which really helped me to plan my stay.

Through this forum i learnt that its good to stay in a swiss village rather than in a city.So we booked an apartment through airbnb in Wengen..A very very beautiful place. The apartment was very close to the station.Daily it was a train journey to visit diff places..Very comfortable trains and SBB mobile app made it all the more easier.

We visited Jungfraujoch and staying in wengen made the distance and time very very less to Jungfraujoch ..we also visited lucerne, Stans (did open cable ride in stans and it was all covered with clouds), Interlaken, Harder kulm and Zurich..

The lucerne interlaken express had extremely beautiful views n sceneries..Enjoyed this train though every train journey in Switzerland is beautiful.It was raining during my stay but still managed to do what all I had planned..Did lake Thun cruise and its amazingly beautiful..bought 4days swiss travel pass..So everything was covered in it..trains,lake cruise and stans..For harder kulm had to pay some amount and with stp got 25% discount on jungfraujoch ticket.All in all I had a wonderful happy happy funfilled trip with my family and friends and will revisit again to see other beautiful parts of Switzerland.We had no problems at all.

Thank you once again

Regards

Sumita

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 5:20:58 #890569

Hi Sumita,

Thanks for the trip report! Glad you had such a wonderful trip, and were able to do what you had planned, despite the rain.

That’s bad luck about the clouds on the Stanserhorn, but the open-air cable car ride must have been a great experience.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 7:39:09 #890570

Glad to hear the trip went pretty smoothly!

The Swiss Travel Pass is such a great product. 🙂

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    8 July 2018 at 13:00:45 #890571

Sumita.

Can u please provide the name, link of the apartment which you booked in Wengen. Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 17:43:41 #890572

@Alpenrose666 Yes the rains were there and wre an obstruction but we bought swiss umberellas..the only shopping that we did there..umberellas and chocolates :)and used them and two days we did get a clear sky so went to jungfrauh in one of those days and it was superawesome..In stans it was raining and cloudy but did managed to click pics n mke vedeios from the open part of the cable and it was amazingly beautiful..by the time we reached the top the clouds had covered up everything but still a good feel and experience and very cold too..Thanks 🙂

@lucas Yup the STP is def a good option and choice..it made everything so easy…no lining up no queues no hassles..but but only if they were available for 5 days too as we had to pay a huge amount a real huge amount to travel from wengen to zurich to move on to paris. My pass were valid from 12th june to 15th june..I paid almost 40,000 in INR for wengen to zurich ticket and we wre 6people..else STP is damn cool..This forum helped me in this as well as it was very confusing and overwhelming To deceide on for which Pass to use..Thanks 🙂

@Jatinsmehta..The name of the apartment is Chalet WaldSchluecht ..hosted by Rachael-alpine holiday services And I had booked through airbnb..we had 3BR with 2 bathrooms (shower and wc) a fully equipped kitchen and big living room and patios..A minute walk to the station and coop grocery store..This one is def a top location and they have many chalets.

Thanks and regards

Sumita

bespo77
    Participant
    7 posts
    8 July 2018 at 21:32:26 #890573

I’ll also be traveling from Wengen to Paris in September and I’m curious how you got there. I was planning on taking the train to Basal an then connecting to Paris from there. Perhaps you are flying and that is why you’re going through Zurich but I want to make sure I’ve got his planned out correctly.

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    9 July 2018 at 3:19:19 #890574

Thanks a lot

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2018 at 5:30:56 #890575

All trains to Paris will go through Basel or Geneva. From Wengen, Basel would be more direct: https://www.myswissalp s.com/traintickets/fra nce.

The Swiss railways timetable always gives you the quickest/direct route from any town. https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2018 at 7:59:11 #890576

@Bespo77-As @lucas wrote abt the SBB..I had downloaded the SBB app on my mobile and it was a great help.It will show you all the timings,routes,platform numbers and train numbers and name…I always used it through out my stay in Switzerland for all my travel there..My route was Wengen-Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken OST-Bern-Zurich..So we boarded the train at 9:30 from wengen and reached Zurich at 12:30..From Zurich we had TGV lyria that started at 13:30 and reached Paris at 17:40 (4hrs 10mins and pre booked )..There are many routes and timings,so its a good idea to check through SBB and no pre-reservations are needed in the swiss trains except for the panoramic ones..

Main points-Geneva is quiet a more distance from Wengen (SBB would be a great help in this) and I have no idea if TGV lyria runs from Basel or Geneva..

Thanks

sumita

• The thread ‘Great stay in Wengen, Switzerland in mid June 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.