Thanks for guidance, Zermatt & Zurich was perfect!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2019 at 9:49:09 #822187

Just want to thank RockOyster and others who advised us on our trip from Venice to Switzerland. It was an amazing time and I definitely could not have done it so easily without your advice. We took the train from Venice to VISP caught the connection to Zermatt and headed up to the Matterhorn that evening on the Gornegrat Bahn. We stayed at The Excelsior Hotel who kindly gave us an upgraded room with a view, amazing staff at check in and the restaurant. The hotel was perfect in every way. I highly recommend it. The following day we headed to Zurich which was very simple and everything went more smoothly than I could have ever predicted. Thank you to this forum once again!!.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 June 2019 at 10:31:20 #914800

Glad you enjoyed your visit and we were able to assist your planning. 😉

I am hoping to be in Zermatt in September (never been there before) so thanks for the tip on the Excelsior. I’ll check it out.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2019 at 11:26:21 #914801

Definitely do check it out. 5 minute walk from the station.

• The thread ‘Thanks for guidance, Zermatt & Zurich was perfect!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.