Book the Golden Pass train in advance?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 November 2016 at 13:32:09 #810370

Hi there,

myself and my mother are travelling to Switzerland the last weekend in January and I am trying to book a train ticket for the Golden Pass train from Lucerne to Montreux on Sunday 29th January. I have already reserved our seats for the 3 trains (Lucern to Interlaken Ost, Interlaken Ost to Zweisimmen and Zweisimmen to Montreux), however now I need to book the actual train tickets and that’s where I am having a lot of difficulty. Do you know if I can only book them closer to the time or if it is possible to book them now and if so what is the best website to use, also would you know how much approx. it would be for us both. It’s just a one-way trip.

Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks J

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    18 November 2016 at 14:59:24 #857145

Hi Grainne, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Whether you buy the actual tickets in Lucerne just before you board or online in advance is up to you; either is possible. I think most of your questions will be answered on these pages:

Have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 November 2016 at 7:45:05 #857146

Many thanks Arno, much appreciated.

• The thread ‘Book the Golden Pass train in advance?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.