The Swiss Travel Pass Flex was worth it for me

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2019 at 19:15:59 #822477

Hi everyone,

Well my grand daughter and I started our Switzerland trip on June 6th. We had five days in Bern then seven days in Paris, she now is in the UK on a tour while I am back in Bern until we meet again for four days in Zurich before flying home to Australia on the 16th July.

I bought a SP flex 8 day only for 467ch at Zurich station on arrival.I have friends here so a car and bike are available. I may need to buy a four day SP Flex later ??? My grandaughter decided to buy tickets as needed.

So Train trip to Bern from Zurich airport cost her 54ch.

We went to Weggis on the boat 35ch

A cable car 53ch

70ch return Bern to Luzern with a stop at the Kambly biscuit centre. Well worth a visit…lots of yummy biscuits and you can sample everyone of them!!

My point being it could well be worth buying the Swiss Pass as point to point tickets add up and we havn’t included local tram tickets, these costs were only arrival day and the next full day of travel..So do your sums it can save you lots.

Thankyou to you all of you for your helpful information on everything Swiss. I am enjoying my time here again. Even had a swim in the Aare on this hot 36 degree day….free and refreshing.

Cheers Jacqui

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 June 2019 at 6:31:03 #916088

Hi Jacqui,

Yes, regular tickets with no discount at all do add up. Glad to hear you made good use of your pass. Enjoy the remaining days in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘The Swiss Travel Pass Flex was worth it for me’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.