Things to do in Interlaken and Lucern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2016 at 11:14:48 #810157

We are planning to go to Switzerland in October 2016. We plan to go to Interlaken from Paris on 25th October. On 26th October, we have booked the Jungfrau excursion. On the 27th we proceed to Lucern and on the 28th we have booked the Mt. Titlis excursion. On the 29th October, we plan to go to Zurich and take the 5 pm flight to London. My questions are:

a) If Jungfrau and/or Mt. Titlis are fogged out or it is raining, what are the optional itineraries that we can follow on those days?

b) What are the best ways of spending time in Interlaken and Lucern during the time frame that we are there?

c) What can we do in Zurich in the time available to us?

We will be travelling with a 5 day Swiss Pass.

Thank you for your help folks.

Anand Sabharwal

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 September 2016 at 11:29:29 #856211

Hi Anand, welcome to MySwissAlps!

a) b) Have you already explored our Interlaken, Lucerne and Zurich pages? Lots of options there, for bad weather as well.

c) You can explore the town center on foot, visit Uetliberg if the weather is nice (for a view of the city and the lake), or do a boat trip.

I’m not sure what pass you have. A Swiss Pass is an electronic card for Swiss residents. A Swiss Travel Pass is for tourists, but there’s no 5-day version.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2016 at 12:07:55 #856212

Hi Arno,

Its a four day travel pass with one extra day free as part of a promotion.

Sabharwal

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 September 2016 at 12:14:55 #856213

That explains it, thanks Sabharwal! That pass covers the boats in Zurich, as well as the train to the Uetliberg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2016 at 7:46:55 #856214

Hi Arno,

On the 25th of October, if I leave early from Lucerne for Zurich, will I be able to take a trip to the Rhine falls and reach back at Zurich airport by around 2 pm? My flight to London is at 5 pm.

Sabharwal

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 September 2016 at 7:53:45 #856215

Hi Sabharwal,

Yes, that’s certainly doable. Please see the Rhine Falls page for directions and a link to the train timetable.

• The thread ‘Things to do in Interlaken and Lucern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.