This is my plan itinerary. How to improve it?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2013 at 14:15:34 #806114

Hi experts,
    I and my wife are planning 6 days trip to Switzerland on Aug 2013.
    Below is the itinerary details.

[u]
    Monday 12-Aug [/u]
    16:00 Arrive at Geneva airport
    Take city tour at Geneva and visit fountain of Jet d’Eau in Lake Geneva
    [u]Tuesday 13-Aug [/u]
    08:00 Check-out from Geneva hotel and buy 4-day Swiss Pass ( one for me and one for my wife).
    Take the Panoramic train from Geneva via Monteux and Gstaad to Interlaken
    Check-in at Interlaken hotel and Take tour at Interlaken
    [u]Wednesday 14-Aug[/u]
    Visit The Aare Gorge and Reichenbachfall
    Take Postal Bus trip from Meiringen to Grindelwald
    Take Gondola lifts from Grindelwald Männlichenbahn to Männlichen
    Take Gondola lifts from Männlichen LWM to Wengen Wengiboden
    Take train from Wengen to Interlaken hotel
    spend night at Interlaken shopping and dining
    [u]Thursday 15-Aug[/u]
    Go to Lauterbrunnen and take train to Grütschalp
    Hike from Grütschalp to Winteregg and then to Mürren
    Take Gondola lifts from Murren to Gimmelwald and then to Stechelberg
    Hike to Trummelbach falls and visit fall
    Hike to Staubbach falls and visit fall
    Take train from Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken hotel
    Spend night at Interlaken shopping and dinning
    [u]Friday 16-Aug[/u]
    visit St. Beatus caves
    12:00 Check out from Interlaken hotel
    take panoramic train from Interlaken to Geneva via Gstaad
    Check in at Geneva hotel and Take city tour and dining at Geneva
    [u]Saturday 17-Aug[/u]
    09:00 Take city tour at Geneva (Old Town of Geneva + flower clock + Cathedral of Saint-Pierre)
    12:00 Check out from Geneva hotel and go to Geneva airport back to home

Your help in improving this itinerary will be highly appreciated.
    regds.
    bashnaini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    21 July 2013 at 8:38:50 #839066

Hi bashnaini. Most of your itinerary is doable. Some days are full though (I assume you checked traveling times with the aid of the timetable?), such as wednesday August 14. You may want to drop one or two things and take more time to enjoy what remains. Also consider to switch the order of your plans, getting to the Männlichen first thing in the morning and leaving the Reichenbachfall and the Aare Gorge for the afternoon. That’s because weather tends to be better in the morning, and clear views are of higher importance at the Männlichen than at your other destinations this day.

In general I’d advise you to make a flexible itinerary, including some back-up plans for bad weather.

If you don’t necessarily have to start in Geneva, it would make more sense to arrive at Zurich and then get to Interlaken. You could do the panoramic ride from Interlaken to Geneva once when getting back, instead of twice. This would also allow you to take another great panoramic route, from Zurich to Interlaken via Lucerne and Meiringen.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2013 at 8:53:55 #839067

Hi annika

thanks for your advises.

regarding your advise to start at Zurich, I cannot. Because I am planing to buy 4 day swiss pass and my trip is 6 days. I will start using the swiss pass from Day 2 to day 5. In Day 1 and Day 6 I am planing to stay at Geneva without any travel since I have only 4 days to travel using swiss pass.

Regarding my trip to Männlichen I will change it to morning time as your recommenadtion. this is a good improvment. thanks.

bye.
    bashnaini

shwethadrs
    Participant
    5 posts
    21 July 2013 at 10:22:34 #839068

hi !!

Me and my husband had to switzerland for 5 days….
    Now we are planning to take my parents for 3 days…..dont want to buy any swiss pass..
    our attraction is

Mount-titlis, lucern & bern city , interlaken city , grinnewald .
    we are makin the hotel in Basel , prateln..
    Can anybody help is knowing the ticket price from basel to mount titlis in train and cable car to the top of mount titlis with ice-flyer..
    Even for grinnewald

thank you in advance

Annika
    7115 posts
    21 July 2013 at 13:08:05 #839069

[quote]bashnaini2013 said: Hi annika
    thanks for your advises.
    regarding your advise to start at Zurich, I cannot. Because I am planing to buy 4 day swiss pass and my trip is 6 days. I will start using the swiss pass from Day 2 to day 5. In Day 1 and Day 6 I am planing to stay at Geneva without any travel since I have only 4 days to travel using swiss pass.
    Regarding my trip to Männlichen I will change it to morning time as your recommenadtion. this is a good improvment. thanks.

bye.
    bashnaini[/quote]

Hi bashnaini. There’s nothing wrong with starting and ending in Geneva of course, but just to make sure there’s no misunderstanding: there wouldn’t be any difference in terms of how to use your 4 day Swiss Pass when starting in Zurich. You’d just spend day 1 in Zurich instead of in Geneva, exploring the town without your Swiss Pass just as you would do in Geneva, and heading for Interlaken on day 2 using the first day of your Swiss Pass. The only difference would be that there’s no free visitor’s card for Zurich hotel guests. You could look into the economic Zurich Card instead.

Annika
    7115 posts
    21 July 2013 at 13:09:40 #839070

[quote]shwethadrs said: hi !!
    Me and my husband had to switzerland for 5 days….
    Now we are planning to take my parents for 3 days…..dont want to buy any swiss pass..
    our attraction is
    Mount-titlis, lucern & bern city , interlaken city , grinnewald .
    we are makin the hotel in Basel , prateln..
    Can anybody help is knowing the ticket price from basel to mount titlis in train and cable car to the top of mount titlis with ice-flyer..
    Even for grinnewald
    thank you in advance[/quote]

Hello shwetadrs. Would you please open a new topic for your question, as explained in our forum rules? Thank you :-)!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2013 at 14:48:41 #839071

Hi annika

Thanks for your advise.
    However, I already booked my flights from my country to switzerland . I have to arrive and leave switzerland from Geneva.

Regds.
    bashnaini

• The thread ‘This is my plan itinerary. How to improve it?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.