Time to change trains at Basel station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2019 at 18:45:26 #822630

I with my family am traveling from Paris to Basel by TGV Lyria. My train arrives in Basel SBB at 13:26. I need to take next train to Interlaken Ost. The earliest one I can take is at 13:31 giving me only 5 min to change the train. Is this time good enough for transfer and change the platform considering that I’ll have 5-6 bags with me. Or to be on safe side, shall I take the 13:59 train. I am buying super saver ticket for this route so I don’t have time flexibility and hence want to make sure that I pick up right train giving me enough time to transfer trains

Similarly, after arriving in Interlaken Ost, I have to take next train to Lauterbrunnen which is after 7 minutes. Is this much time enough to transfer? .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 July 2019 at 21:40:41 #916843

The TGV arrives on one side of the same platform (5 – 6 from memory) the Interlaken train departs from so you don’t have far to walk. But if if it was me I would take the stress out of the equation and pick the later train. Interlaken OST change will be no problem.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2019 at 23:18:12 #916844

I must say Paris – Interlaken via Basel is becoming very popular 🙂 – I answered exactly the same question (but for the 13.26 – 13.31 connection) a couple of days ago:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/basel-sbb-to-interlaken-ost-by-eurail-global-pass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2019 at 23:21:42 #916845

It’s 9 – 10

• The thread ‘Time to change trains at Basel station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.