Tirano to Zurich via Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2016 at 13:18:45 #809561

Hi,

We will be getting SwissTravelpass, but are not sure on what time we will be able to get Milan and therefore Tirano. Without making any purchases before hand would we be able to get on bernina express, if we get to tirano on time or any other train to take us to Zurich? if we can, do we just get on the train or buy any other ticket/reervation

Thanks

lee

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 June 2016 at 14:50:09 #853610

Hi Lee,

Perhaps I didn’t understand your question, but you can’t board a train without a valid ticket or train pass in hand. You need to arrange for that beforehand, either at the station or online. I’d recommend to print your Swiss Travel Pass at home (all the options are listed here). That way you won’t miss the train in Tirano. Usually there’s only 8-10 minutes to change trains there, and that’s pretty tight to buy passes. Be sure to order in time as it takes 1-3 business days to e-mail the passes.

If you are not sure about your travel time, then don’t book seats for the Bernina Express. The Swiss Travel Pass covers all regular trains as well. No reservations required, and they’ll take the same route.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2016 at 15:56:35 #853611

Hi,

I will buy swiss travel pass before hand. Depending on my arrival time Tirano, I might or might not be able to catch the bernina express. If I cannot make in time for that as I will have travel pass already would I be able to board next regular train to Chur/Zurich from tirano.

Thanks

Lee

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 June 2016 at 17:26:37 #853612

Hi Lee,

Yes, all regular trains are free with the Swiss Travel Pass. You can take any train you like.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2016 at 18:30:52 #853613

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Tirano to Zurich via Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.