Top of Europe Pass: is missing name a problem?

• Crabcooker
    Participant
    6 posts
    12 July 2022 at 13:02:29 #827754

Hello everyone,

I bought a Top of Europe Pass for my wife and I on the Top of Europe website. The website didn’t give me an opportunity to put a specific name to each and so the PDF with our tickets only list my name for the customer name and not my wife’s name. The purchase also came with ewallet pass files that I loaded on to my iPhone, which for both passes show “Anonymous” for both First and Last Name entries (so, no actual names listed).

1) Will not having my wife’s name on one of the purchased passes be an issue? (To recap, PDF only has my name as Customer Name for both pass purchases, and ewallet says “Anonymous”)

2) Is there a site/page that lists all the transit routes that require me to obtain a free ticket to get through an access point with my Top of Europe Pass (assuming I am only using Top of Europe Pass-valid transit options)? I just like to be prepared so I am not surprised when I can’t just hop on a train and show my valid pass if asked.

3) To redeem/obtain my complimentary return ticket to Jungfraujoch, do I need to go to a specific ticket station to do this? I assume I cannot use purely online/mobile options to do this part.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    12 July 2022 at 20:57:12 #944236

Hi Crabcooker,

1. The pass should have your name and your wife’s name on it. I think the best thing to do is contact the Jungfrau Railway for clarification since you made this purchase directly from their website.

2. All the routes covered the Top of Europe Pass are listed on the website (scroll down to the FAQ at the bottom). There is also a validity map on the same page.

3. You can get the complimentary return ticket at any of the Jungfrau railway point of sales – e.g train station in Interlaken, Wengen or Lauterbrunnen.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards,

Anna

SwissNoob
    Participant
    8 posts
    14 July 2022 at 22:18:51 #944237

A quick question, I have valid STP, do i get any discount on Top of Europe pass?

Also trying to understand, if i buy top of europe pass for say 3 days, can i visit below only once over 3 days or its something different?

1. Harder Kulm

2. Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe

3. GRINDELWALD-FIRST

4. SCHYNIGE PLATTE

Anna
    6362 posts
    15 July 2022 at 8:36:20 #944238

Hi SwissNoob,

Unfortunately you won’t get any reduction for the Top of Europe Pass if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

The Top of Europe Pass includes one return trip to Jungfraujoch and valid for unlimited journeys to Harder Kulm, Grindelwald First and Schynige Platte.

Regards,

Anna

Crabcooker
    Participant
    6 posts
    15 July 2022 at 12:44:12 #944239

Hello everyone,

I e-mailed the ticketing agency, and they say because I ordered the passes under guest rather than with an active profile, there is no actual name written on the pass. They say I can use the pass just fine. Just FYI for the future if people are curious.

Thank you all!

Anna
    6362 posts
    15 July 2022 at 13:26:14 #944240

Hi Crabcooker,

Thanks for the update. It is good to know that this is possible.

Enjoy your trip.

Anna

• The thread ‘Top of Europe Pass: is missing name a problem?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.