Bergamo/Milan area and around Swiss Alps

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2018 at 16:24:39 #814704

Hi, I have written 3 weeks ago but unfortunately the thread is closed now. I am finializing tour from 27 March till 3 April.morning

– Reaching Bergamo hotel booked for 2 night …..what i do here…..

– I can’t travel too much due to wife’s difficulty in walking.. want to see Milan and near around place up-to 2-3 hour journey max in a day.

– and Swiss Alps.

Return 3 Morning from Bergamo Airport

kindly help me to finalize so I can book trains and hotels.

Thanks in advance

Shahzad

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2018 at 19:39:31 #878392

Hi Shahzad,

We don’t have any information here on Bergamo or Italy sorry. We just have information on Switzerland.

Do you have any Switzerland related questions that weren’t answered on your other post?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2018 at 23:54:17 #878393

Hi,

My main aim is to go to Swiss Alps. Please help.

Thanks

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 March 2018 at 0:09:06 #878394

Hello Shahzad,

You stipulate “up-to 2-3 hour journey max in a day”.

It is pretty well impossible to visit the Swiss Alps with that time constraint.

I think your best options for visiting Switzerland were covered in the earlier thread that Lucas referred to.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2018 at 7:45:26 #878395

St. Moritz which we talked about on your last post would be the easiest option from Bergamo. You could go further in to Davos as well.

You could also train up to Andermatt via Lugano, and then take the Glacier Express route to Zermatt. All trips would be longer than 2-3 hours one-way from Bergamo. Are you staying in Bergamo each night? It will be a very long day to get into the mountains in Switzerland from there.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to try and plan out your proposed trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2018 at 22:42:53 #878396

Thank you very much, no Only I booked 2 nights, 27 and 28 yet, I can book in between, what about if stay 29 night at como or lecco, kindly advise, I can books one night or 2 nights some where on the way to while coming back from Swiss Apps as well some where on the way to Milan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 9:59:33 #878397

Hi Shahzad,

Did you use the Swiss railways timetable as Lucas suggested? It’s still a lot of traveling. As Lucas said, St. Moritz is the easiest option. Couldn’t you stay there for a night and go from there to Milan?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 12:50:45 #878398

Yes, That’s what I am trying to staying one night there as you mentioned.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 14:45:14 #878399

Does this mean you’re all sorted? It’s going to be Bergano – St. Moritz, stay for the night, and then St. Moritz -Milan? Did you work out how to plan your trip with the timetable?

In case you’re looking for a hotel, we have a few listed on our website: http://www.myswissalps.com/st moritz/hotels

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 20:09:46 #878400

Thanks, I am just thinking to break at Lecco or como which you suggest please and can i take one way ticket to St. Mortz. and come back on anther way if you suggest any on the way to Milan or any city my daughter concerned and asking about some fun as well, she may like some rides, or going to museum ets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 21:02:14 #878401

I don’t know Lecco or Como. They both look beautiful.

You will probably take the same route back if you stay in Lecco. If you stay in Como there is another route but it involves a bus as well and I’m not sure if you would like that. Please use the Swiss Rail Timetable for all the details: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

• The thread ‘Bergamo/Milan area and around Swiss Alps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.