Rail pass options for Wengen base

Rail pass options for Wengen base

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Keepfaith
Keepfaith
10 posts
Feb 10, 2018 - 1:19 PM

We are thinking of staying in Wengen as our home base in the Jungfrau region this summer. We will have a Swiss Rail Pass for our trip. As far as transportation between Wengen and Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald, are those train rides included with the Swiss Rail Pass or is there an additional cost each day to travel anywhere out of Wengen? I know Travel to the Jungfraujoch is not included with the Swiss Rail Pass but there is a discount.

I am just trying to decide what will be the most economical way to travel in the region over our 4 days there.

Lucas
Lucas
5570 posts
expert &
Feb 10, 2018 - 2:52 PM in reply to Keepfaith

Hi Keepfaith,

I think you mean the Swiss Travel Pass? You can read about what it covers around Switzerland here.

Another option, if all your travel is around Wengen and the Jungfrau Region have a look at the Jungfrau Travel Pass.

Use our spreadsheet on our page, how to choose the best rail pass, to figure our the most economical rail pass for your specific travel itinerary.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018