Train travel from Zurich airport to hotel

• Tuckjp
    Participant
    9 posts
    17 February 2020 at 14:13:48 #825247

Hello

We will be in Switzerland for approximately 4 days in April. I am planning on purchasing a Swiss half fare card at this point. (Used your handy spreadsheet calculator). On our last day we are taking train from Lucerne to Zurich Airport. We are staying that night at the Kameha Grand Zurich. From what I have learned so far, there is a tram (10 or 12) that goes from airport to a stop close to hotel. My questions are:

1. Is this a good plan? Taxi or Uber would obviously be another alternative but more expensive.

2. How far is it from train station at Zurich airport to the tram station?

3. Does the Swiss half fare card work for the Zurich tram.

The next day we will fly out of Zurich so want to take tram back to airport.

thanks!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2020 at 18:09:42 #930294

Hello Tuckjp,

With tram No. 10 or 12, as you say, it takes you only 9 minutes to get from Zurich Airport to the Stop called “Glattpark”, which is the closest to your hotel (approx.300 meters).

The tram stop is easily reached at Zurich Airport, just make sure to read the signs as anywhere and ask if you feel lost.

And yes, the Swiss Half Fare Card is valid also on local transport in Zurich.

Have you checked if the Hotel Kameha Grand offers a shuttle service or includes this tickets for guests?!

Best,
    Steph

Tuckjp
    Participant
    9 posts
    17 February 2020 at 18:56:16 #930295

Thank you for your input! Happy to know I’m on the right track.

I do know the hotel does not offer a shuttle. However, I guess I need to investigate if they cover the ticket cost to/from the airport.

• The thread ‘Train travel from Zurich airport to hotel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.