Travel from France & to Italy with a Swiss Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2016 at 17:35:13 #810395

We will be traveling to Bern,Switzerland from Colmar,France. We will arrive on Day 1 of our 8-Day Swiss Pass. Then on Day 8 we will travel to La Spezia, Italy.

My question: If I buy the 8-Day Swiss Pass online at swiss-pass.ch can I also book the reserved tickets from France and the one to Italy on this site? If yes, then where exactly on the site. I know how to do it on the Rail Europe site, but wondering if it can be done on the swiss-pass.ch site as well. ?? The Swiss Pass is more expensive when booked on Rail Europe’s site, so wondering if the tickets would be less if all were purchased on the swiss-pass.ch site?

( I am aware of the fact that the portion of the ticket while traveling from France will cost and the portion of the ticket once in Switzerland will be included in the Swiss Pass, with the same being true for the trip to Italy….these two trips will require transfers. )

(Also, a three-country rail pass from Rail Europe My is more than going the way I am inquiring about)

• The thread ‘Travel from France & to Italy with a Swiss Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.