Travel from Venice to Zermatt & around Switzerland

• Bmmorse12
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 May 2016 at 22:16:27 #809156

Myself and my daughters will be traveling from Venice Italy to Zermatt in September. I am thinking of getting a Swiss flexi pass because our itinerary is such:

Sept 6 leaving Venice Italy for Zermatt. Staying in Zermatt until the 8th going to Wengen overnight there and on the 9th going to Schmerikon until the 12th. And from there onto Paris France.

I was wondering what tickets I would have to buy in addition to the 4 day flexi pass, to get from Venice into Switzerland and again from Switzerland into France?

Thank you for any help with this question.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    10 May 2016 at 13:10:03 #851808

Hi Bmmorse12!

Assuming you’ll be using free travel days during your inbound and outbound trips, the Swiss Travel Pass Flex (“Swiss Flexi Pass” is its former name) will cover the legs Domodossola-Zermatt during your entrance from Italy and Schmerikon-Basel on your way to Paris. So you need additional tickets Venice-Domodossola and Basel-Paris. Please find details here:

• The thread ‘Travel from Venice to Zermatt & around Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.