Travel in and around Interlarken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2012 at 11:59:05 #805501

hi. I m travelling with my husband and 3 children (10, 7, 5) to Lauterbrunnen by car in two weeks time. We want to go up to the Jungfraujoch on the train. In addition maybe one or two other short train journeys e.g to Grindelwald and a cable car ride etc. I am really confused by all the different train passes. Is it worth us getting a pass at all – other than maybe the Junior travel card. – or should we just pay for each journey we want to make. i don’t want to spend more than we need to.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 August 2012 at 8:57:32 #836832

Hi morgan5,

A Swiss Half Fare Card would already save CHF 85 per adult if you visit the Jungfraujoch. The card costs CHF 110, so it doesn’t take many more trips to save money. You need one for each adult, and the children will travel along for free on all trips.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Travel in and around Interlarken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.