Travel to Jungfrau with Jungfrau Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
husoth91
husoth91
2 posts
Aug 15, 2016 - 8:43 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to travel to Grindelwald in early October.

I would like to stay in Grindelwald, arrive it by a train from Zurich.

I like to do the journey from Grindelwald to top of Europe - Jungfraujoch, also to ride to First mountain. Visit Murren, Interlaken, Bern.

My questions are:

1) Does the Jungfrau Travel Pass of 5-6 days include a ticket to Jungfraujoch? or I should reserve one?? If no, how it costs to buy a ticket from Grindelwald Grund to Jungfraujoch with this pass?

2) Beside The Jungfrau Travel Pass , is it recommended to buy a Swiss Pass or Half-Fare card? given that I'll stay only in Jungfrau region, and won't rent a car.

3) Can you please supply me a detailed recommended programs of trips in Jungfrau region?

Thanks in advance.

Brahms
Brahms
320 posts
top member
Aug 15, 2016 - 11:06 AM

Information about Jungfrau Travel Pass, you can find here: www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass/valid ity

To Jungfraujoch you must pay 50 % from Eigergletscher to Jungfraujoch .

You have with this Pass free travel from Grindelwald or Grindelwald Grund to Kleine Scheidegg to Eigergletscher.

husoth91
husoth91
2 posts
Aug 15, 2016 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. So I'll pay only for the journey from Eigergletscher to Jungfraujoch (how it costs for two ways? I can't find the information in Jungfraujoch website). And the journey from Grindelwald to Eigergletscher is free by the pass (two ways?).

I don't know much details about the region, so It is a bit difficult to understand all the information in the website.

Thanks again.

Arno
Arno
14100 posts
expert &
Aug 15, 2016 - 1:14 PM

Hi husoth91, welcome to MySwissAlps!

1) Please see Brahms's link and download the map for what's included. Standard ticket prices can be found through the link at the bottom of myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch/tickets.

2) The pass choice depends on your plans (where you come from, day trips, and go to next). If you also go back to Zurich a Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi might be an alternative. This page might be helpful. You don't need a car there, so you made a good choice to travel the train.

3) You'll find recommended activities here: myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion/ activities.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019