Travel to Lucerne or Interlaken in late October

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    5 October 2015 at 13:07:10 #845983

Hi Araizrayan,

Delivery to the UAE takes 4 days. You can also collect it in Deira 2 days after you placed your order. That will save you the shipping free. Please see http://www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82 for all the details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2015 at 13:28:55 #845984

Thanks for this information.

we have 2 children one year old and second is four year old. When we order the pass so it mandatory to mention the child because as I know all children under 6 years are free with Swiss travel pass and we will have two passes one for m and second for my husband

regards

Annika
    7124 posts
    5 October 2015 at 13:38:42 #845985

In your case you just need to order passes for the two adults. No need to mention the children. You do need a passport as a proof of the age of the children. Most conductors won’t check it, but they may do so.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 October 2015 at 20:36:20 #845986

Hello Arno and Annika

thanks for your quick response

I know I m traveling in low season all plans are weather dependent. thats why I am planing for my trip how can I utilize the sunny day.

Plz guide me

it is possible to visit schilthorn and gimmelwald in one day from Interlaken. if it is possible plz guide m how can I plan the route from where could I start and return plz do let m know

regards

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 October 2015 at 23:35:28 #845987

<<“it is possible to visit schilthorn and gimmelwald in one day from Interlaken. if it is possible plz guide m how can I plan the route from where could I start and return plz do let m know “>>

The timetable will help you as you work out these details:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

If you do it yourself, you do not have to wait for a reply.;-)

Slowpoke

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 October 2015 at 5:05:30 #845988

Indeed use the timetable, and there’s a route description on the Schilthorn page: myswissalps.com/ schilthorn/ gettingthere.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 October 2015 at 8:09:42 #845989

Hello Arno and Anika

we are just come back from Switzerland. having fantastic days.

just want to share my experience

on 23rd October traveled to Zurich from Italy via Swiss airline, then Luzern via Swiss Tarin and cheqed in to hotel.

24th October we visit mount rigi and cannot explain how it was beautiful experience.

25th October visit mount titlis it was another fantastic experience. while coming back from titlis we spent 2 hours in engelberg and had fantastic views than back to hotel

26th October go to interlaken and then Murren via buses and cable cars. And hiking downhill from Murren to gimmelwald it’s amezing experience. Then go to lauterbraunnen via cable car spent some time and enjoy a lot. Then back to hotel.

27 October just get around the city visted lion monement. Chapel brige,museum and took a boat of lake Lucern.

28th October we checked out to hotel and went to Montreux via golden pass line it was super. Then Lausanne and checked in hotel.

29th just getting around the city visit Olympic museum, cathedral and palace and visit lake.

30th October checked out to hotel and took a flight from Geneva airport.

we had great time in Switzerland.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    31 October 2015 at 8:26:35 #845990

Hi Araizrayan –

Sounds like you learned to use the Swiss Travel System very well.

Glad to hear it worked well for you.

Was any single thing a special favorite for you?

Slowpoke

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 October 2015 at 14:46:35 #845991

Hi Araizrayan,

Thanks a lot for letting us know about your trip! Good to hear you enjoyed it so much. Would you mind copying your message and post a new thread in the trip reports forum? Many people love to read trip reports, and it will be easier for them to find it there.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The thread ‘Travel to Lucerne or Interlaken in late October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.