Traveling from Luzern to Milan end of March

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2020 at 22:11:21 #825155

Hello! My husband and I are traveling from Luzern to Milano (where we intend to rent a car and drive to Padua, so I wasn’t sure if its better to just stop at Lake Como and get a car?) at the end of March. We wanted to see the scenic alps but do not have time for the Bernina Express. I realized that the Gotthard Panorama Express won’t be functioning at the end of March? Please correct me if I’m wrong on that as that is what I wish we could do. (We wanted to take the boat from Lucern to Fluelen too, but again, I do not think it is functioning the last week of March?)

Anyway, we talked about driving from Luzern to Padua, but I’m not sure how much more of the alps we will get to see?

Can anyone offer any insight? Should we drive from Luzern to Padua and we will be able to see a lot of the alps or should we just scrap the idea and take the regular train from Luzern to Milan and give up on the sight-seeing of the alps?

Thank you for your time and information!

Rachel

• The thread ‘Traveling from Luzern to Milan end of March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.