Traveling to Jungfraujoch – Where to park? Price?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2016 at 15:05:24 #810101

First of all thank you for this wonderful service that you provide!

1. I want to travel to Jungfraujoch. Where does the train leave from Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen?

2. We are traveling by car. Which would be more comfortable? Is there public parking in the railway station in either Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen?

3. Which is more economic of the two options? How much would each cost? And more enjoyable?

4. Or is there another place to take the cogwheel train from?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 September 2016 at 16:41:24 #855995

Hi Elise01,

Thank you for your compliments, and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

1./2./4. You can start your trip from any train station you like. By car, I would recommend Interlaken Ost as that allows you to do the circular trip via Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald and easily return to your point of origin.

3. The costs depend on whether or not you will have a rail pass, and which one. I’d recommend to list all the day trips you intend to make. Then pick a rail pass based on that list. Many drivers pick the Swiss Half Fare Card.

You’ll find a lot of details, including a map and links, on our Jungfraujoch page.

• The thread ‘Traveling to Jungfraujoch – Where to park? Price?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.