Travelling from Milan/Bern/Zurich/Lucern/Milan

• serralima
    Participant
    6 posts
    2 April 2016 at 21:45:15 #808791

Hello, we are a group of 2 adult couples (thus 4 people in total) going from Milan, Italy to Bern to spend a day or two visiting the city and from there to Zurich and Lucern on a roundtrip of 1 day to these places. Finally going back to Milan.

what is the cheapest way to choose? A railpass? Anyway to include Milan also or just inside Swiss?

Thanks for anyone who canhelp to clarify.

Regards

Joao

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    3 April 2016 at 13:44:38 #850227

Hi Joao,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Bern is a good base to visit Lucerne, Zurich and of course the town itself. I just wondered if you’re aware that Bern is not near the mountains, and nor is Zurich. Lucerne is close to the mountains, but not in the mountains. I’m not sure if you want to see the Alps, but if so, I’d recommend to combine a visit to Lucerne with a trip to Mount Pilatus, skip Zurich, and visit the Jungfrau region instead.

A 3-day Swiss Travel Pass could make sense. Once you have a fixed plan you can check this page to make a choice. The pass is valid from Domodossola, Italy, so you need additional tickets from Milan to Domodossola and back: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy.

serralima
    Participant
    6 posts
    4 April 2016 at 17:52:40 #850228

Thanks Annika! 🙂

At the time I have things solved, I’ll certainly check the links you advised.

• The thread ‘Travelling from Milan/Bern/Zurich/Lucern/Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.