Travelling from Paris to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 16:16:25 #812338

hi

i am harsh. me and my family(4 of us) are travelling to europe in late august. we have purchased the swiss family card. i wish to know the correct route of travelling from paris to interlaken and what benefits can we avail of the swiss pass along the travel.

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 5:03:31 #865492

Hi harsch, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> i am harsh. me and my family(4 of us) are travelling to europe in late august. we have purchased the swiss family card.

Do you mean you have purchased a Swiss Travel Pass for all adults and children aged 16 or over, and also received a free Family Card to cover children aged 6 to 15?

>> i wish to know the correct route of travelling from paris to interlaken and what benefits can we avail of the swiss pass along the travel.

The fastest way from Paris to Interlaken Ost is usually Paris – Basel SBB – Interlaken Ost. Your Swiss Travel Pass would be valid from Basel SBB, and you would need a ticket from Paris to Basel SBB.

A longer alternative route is Paris – Geneva – Bern – Interlaken Ost. If you took this route, your Swiss Travel Pass would be valid from Geneva, and you would need a ticket from Paris to Geneva.

You can use the Swiss Timetable to plan your journey:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

On this page you will find information about train tickets for travel from France to Switzerland:

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france

I hope this helps.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Travelling from Paris to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.