How to book the Golden Pass line

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 October 2017 at 23:35:57 #813455

My mother and I will be travelling to Switzerland in November. I have come across the golden line pass and would like to do it from Montreux to Lucerne. I am confused as to how to book this trip as it looks like you have to do it separately. We would like to take the most scenic route through Interlaken and zweisimmen. If anyone could help in giving some input in how to go about scheduling this that would be great.

Thanks so much

Jessica

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2017 at 5:46:57 #870701

Hi Jessica and welcome to MySwissAlps!

When searching for the Golden Pass route – described here, check the timetable of trains and be sure to travel via to enter the via-stations Zweisimmen & Meiringen *use advanced search to enter 2 via stations.

Here is the timetable link to search on. The section between Montreux and Zweisimmen feature the panoramic trains. On the timetable they are noted as MOB panoramic (modern) or MOB Belle Epoque (heritage style). Both are great options.

Reservations are optional and I think in November you wouldn’t need them. If you do want to reserve I would do so only for Montreux to Zweisimmen and you can make those reservations here (use the links under “more information”.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 October 2017 at 5:57:23 #870702

Hi Jessica and Welcome to the MySwissAlps Forum,

Yes the Golden Pass Line is in three legs. The main panoramic leg is from Montreux to Zweisimmen. From there to Interlaken Ost is just a regular train with most likely a change at Speiz. From Interlaken Ost to Luzern you take the Luzern – Interlaken Express which again is just a regular train but has larger windows.

The journey is covered (ie free) with the Swiss Travel Pass.

This link http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass should tell you all you need to know. Reservations are not needed but may be advisable on the Montreux to Zweisimmen leg.

You can make reservations here. There is a small fee.

For train timings you can check the SBB timetable http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable for Montreux to Luzern via Zweisimmen and Interlaken Ost. The panoramic trains are denoted MOB Panoramic or MOB Belle Epoque (for the “vintage-style” trains).

Hope that helps.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 October 2017 at 5:58:32 #870703

My typing is too slow Lucas. LOL.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2017 at 15:10:31 #870704

😉

• The thread ‘How to book the Golden Pass line’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.