Travelling to Interlaken next week

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2016 at 17:01:32 #810447

and would like very much to take the trip to Jungfraujoch. (there will be (6) of us travelling)

From what I’ve read on this site – I should not preorder the tickets until we know that the weather is clear at the top

1. Is there a chance that on Sunday December 18 that the train will sell out?

2. Also – we arrive in Interlaken on Sat early afternoon. What are the top destination to check out

3. After we come down from Jungfraujoch on Sunday afternoon – we are planning on going to Lake Lucerne to spend the night and Monday morning. What are the top destinations to check out in LL?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    15 December 2016 at 7:45:46 #857420

Welcome to MySwissAlps bleon8298!

1. That is very unlikely. To be absolutely sure you could buy your tickets on Saturday afternoon if the forecasts look good.

2. Please see myswissalps.com/ interlaken/ activities.

3. Please see myswissalps.com/ lakelucerne/ activities.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2016 at 13:38:19 #857421

Good morning,

I had recently in Interlaken. I did not go to the top of the Jungfrau. It is extremely expensive and uou will need whole day. I stopped at the midle of the way, where are very nice villages and I didnt pay for that because I had Swisspass.

If you already know Mont Blanc, Matterhorn or other mountain, I dont recommend to go to the top of the Jungfrau.

• The thread ‘Travelling to Interlaken next week’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.