travelling with a dog

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ormesbyannie
ormesbyannie
5 posts
May 2, 2014 - 1:17 PM
We are going to a caravan site in Brienz for 10 days in June. We have a dog and wondered if it would be worth getting a Regional pass. I understand we would have to purchase a half price pass for the dog but would like to know if they are allowed on all trains, cable cars & boats? if not it might not be worth getting one.
Arno
Arno
14065 posts
expert &
May 2, 2014 - 6:16 PM

Hi ormesbyannie, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You don't need a Swiss Half Fare Card for your dog, only reduced tickets or a day card. See here for further details.

Please read the forum rules before posting. Submitting the same post to multiple fora is not allowed, so I removed your other post.

ormesbyannie
ormesbyannie
5 posts
May 2, 2014 - 10:33 PM in reply to Arno
Thank you for quick reply.....so if we purchase a regional train pass we would just pay for dog for each journey? Are dogs allowed on boat trips & on cable cars?
Arno
Arno
14065 posts
expert &
May 3, 2014 - 5:52 AM

Hi ormesbyannie,

Yes, just pay for each journey or get a day card. Please go to the page I gave you, it is all explained there, and also includes a link to more information from the Swiss federal railways (SBB).

ormesbyannie
ormesbyannie
5 posts
May 3, 2014 - 6:35 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019