Rail pass for 5 days in Bern and trip to Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 9:08:40 #807467

Hi

Can you pls adv which is a better pass to purchase if I were to stay come in via basel to Berne and leave berne to Geneva airport and travel to Jungfrau for a day trip? My trip is for 4 nights . A half card or a swiss pass would be suitable? Can you pls suggest.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 June 2015 at 10:41:25 #844032

Hi Deepak, welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you don’t plan to make many long and expensive day trips, apart from your trip up to the Jungfraujoch, a Swiss Half Fare Card will probably be the cheapest solution. Here‘s how to calculate which pass is best for your specific itinerary.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 10:55:23 #844033

Thank you Annika for your reply.

I see that i can buy a ticket from Interlaken to Jungfrau from the sbb website.

Does it mean the ticket is upto the top of Jungfrau?

Does a Swiss Pass allows you free to reach the top of Jungfrau?

Pls adv.

Thank you.

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 June 2015 at 11:31:40 #844034

Hi Deepak,

There are no trains to the top of the Jungfrau, but to the Jungfraujoch, which is a saddle between two mountains. You don’t need to buy tickets in advance. With a Swiss Travel Pass (it’s no longer called Swiss Pass, see here) you will get free traveling to Wengen or Grindelwald, so you don’t need tickets for that part. You will get a 25% discount on tickets for the remaining leg, which can be purchased at any staffed station (Bern, Interlaken, etc.). A Swiss Half Fare Card provides 50% off the whole trip.

You can click to “Where it’s valid” on the Swiss Travel Pass page or Swiss Half Fare Card page for further details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 11:39:29 #844035

Thank you so much for your reply.

It really helped.

Aprreciated it.

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 12:21:20 #844036

Could you pls suggest the best route to go from Interlaken to Jungfrau and return back so that I get the best scenic views as there are many routes to go to Jungfrau.

Thank you.

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 June 2015 at 13:22:19 #844037

Hi Deepak,

Please click “Route” on our Jungfraujoch page Annika gave you. All details are there. If you have additional questions, just let us know.

• The thread ‘Rail pass for 5 days in Bern and trip to Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.