Nov 30, 2015 - 1:30 PM
I would like to have some information regarding trip to Männlichen. we are planning to visit switzerland mid of december(18/12) from France. its just a 2 days trip with 4 adults (1 young couple+ 1 elderly couple)+ 1 kid of 2 1/2 yrs.
I found that Männlichen can be reached either from Grindelwald by Gondola cabelway or from Wengen by aerial cableway and also the scenic view from Männlichen is amazing.I am planning to make onward trip from Grindelwald to Männlichen and the return trip from Männlichen to wengen.
As this is the first time we visit these mountainous region, could you please clarify my questions below?
- Whats is the difference between gondola cableway and aerial cableway?. As we are visiting in peak December (with my parents and my kid), I believe that both are closed cableway.
- Is it advisable to take a trip to Männlichen with my 2 ½ yrs old kid (with an altitude of 2300 m)?
- As im planning to start from grindelwald and end at wengen, will there be any transport from wengen to grindelwald (back to the starting point)?
- How will be the climatic conditions during mid-December?
- Is it possible to book tickets few days in advance? what are the means to book the tickets?
- Is there any time limit for the tickets?
Im not sure whether these questions were asked in previous threads. Pls excuse for the repetitive of my questions. For information, guess I can’t take advantage of swiss pass as we would be travelling by car.
Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in advance