Validity of Swiss Travel Pass - expire time?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
gururotors
gururotors
17 posts
Feb 14, 2018 - 8:59 AM

We r visiting Switzerland from 01-05 june,intend taking a 4 day pass from 1 to 4 june,as we plan to depart to paris first thing on 5 june,so basically

1. Would my 4 day pass cater for morning travel on 5 june from lucerne to ber

2.or do i need to buy a days pass for 5 june

3. Would i get a offer on day pass since i had a 4 day travel pass

Regards

rockoyster
rockoyster
4644 posts
expert
Feb 14, 2018 - 10:04 AM in reply to gururotors

1. Only if you depart Lucerne prior to 5.00am. Or is it arrive at your destination before 5:00am?

2. Or a point to point ticket. Is your day of arrival travel cheaper than your day of departure? If so adjust STP start date.

3. Nice try, but unfortunately no. 🤓

Last modified on Feb 14, 2018 - 10:05 AM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Feb 14, 2018 - 4:10 PM in reply to rockoyster

The Swiss Travel Pass would expire at 05:00 so you'll need to be done your trip by then - so I'm thinking just a point to point ticket would be best that day.

As Rockoyster notes, be sure to use the rail pass on either the 1st 4 days or last 4 days (whichever is more expensive).

Last modified on Feb 15, 2018 - 7:30 AM by Arno
rockoyster
rockoyster
4644 posts
expert
Feb 14, 2018 - 7:56 PM in reply to gururotors

You said “lucerne to ber”. Did you mean Bern. If so a full fare ticket is CHF40. Even a Saver Day Pass (www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass/details) wouldn’t help you there.

Last modified on Feb 14, 2018 - 8:38 PM by rockoyster
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 15, 2018 - 1:09 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi rockoyster,

>> 1. Only if you depart Lucerne prior to 5.00am. Or is it arrive at your destination before 5:00am?

My understanding is that the journey has to commence before midnight on the last day of validity, but you have up until 5am the following day to complete the journey.

On 4 June 2018, the last train of the day from Luzern to Bern leaves Luzern at 23:54, and arrives at Bern at 1:15, so that would be the last service on which the Swiss Travel Pass would be valid for that trip.

Alpenrose

gururotors
gururotors
17 posts
Feb 15, 2018 - 1:17 AM in reply to Removed user

Thanks,will rework accordingly

rockoyster
rockoyster
4644 posts
expert
Feb 15, 2018 - 1:48 AM in reply to Removed user

Well played Alpenrose. 😇

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019