Venice to Interlaken on Berner Oberland Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2013 at 15:48:56 #805955

Hi,
    I have purchased the Berner Oberland Pass. I am currently in Venice and plans to travel to Interlaken. I understand a connecting train is required but I am not sure which part of the following routes will the Berner Oberland pass kicks in.

Venice st.Lucia -> Milan Centrale -> Spiez -> Interlaken (Does the BO pass kicks in from Milao Centrale onwards or only from Spiez onwards?)

Venice st.Lucia -> Milan Centrale -> Domodossola -> Brig -> Spiez -> Interlaken (When does the BO pass kicks in?)

I will go with the option that BO pass kicks in earliest so as to maximise the usage of the BO pass. But the travelling tiem should not be too lengthy.

Appreciate your kind advice! 🙂

Rgds

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 May 2013 at 4:02:05 #838525

Hi z-cube,

Both routes are exactly the same. You just listed different stations along the way. Anyway, it’s the correct route. You get free traveling from Brig, so you need a ticket from Venice to Brig (you can find such tickets here). You can download the network map from the page of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland to see where it’s valid.

• The thread ‘Venice to Interlaken on Berner Oberland Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.