Visiting Jungfraujoch / Schilthorn: which tickets?

• Jpentshuk
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 May 2023 at 18:29:49 #829817

Hi,

Planning to visit Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn during my visit in July.

1. Jungfraujoch

I am staying in Grindelwald and planning to take Eiger Express up, but later I would like to return by train to reach Lauterbrunnen. However in http://www.jungfrau.ch the combined version is offered only from Interlaken. Does anyone knows its possible also from Grindelwald or I just have to pay more?

2. Schilthorn

Planning to to up via Grütchalp and return to Stechelberg to see more. Again schilthorn.ch/en/Tickets only either (Grütchalp, Stechelberg) return ticket options are offered. Do I need to by 2 return tickets and just use part of the journey of those?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2223 posts
    11 May 2023 at 14:40:42 #954307

Hello Jpentshuk,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

That’s great you are planning a visit to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn in July.

1. More details on getting to Jungfraujoch in the below link, there are also pricing options too in the “Ticket” tab, from Grindelwald:

You are best to purchase a return ticket from https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/tickets. This is valid between Grindelwald, Eigergletscher, Kleine Scheidegg, and Wengen. Thereon you can choose any route up and down but bear in mind, as long as segments are not duplicated. I am not sure if you will be purchasing a rail pass for your trip. If no rail pass, you would need an additional ticket Wengen-Lauterbrunnen. Also a ticket Lauterbrunnen-Grindelwald too, if you are staying there. The cheapest option is the valley route Lauterbrunnen-Zweilütschinen-Grindelwald.

2. For your trip to Schilthorn, there are two routes. You can read more about it below.

Here, you are best to buy a return ticket Mürren-Schilthorn: https://www.myswissalps.com/schilthorn/tickets. You can then buy additional tickets for the route Grütschalp-Mürren on your way up, and for the segment from Mürren to Schilthorn on your way down.

This is all assuming, you are traveling with no rail pass. Should you wish to read about the available rail passes, here is the link:

and if you need help with deciding, many members like to carry out some calculations via this link:

I hope this helps and do reach out, if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Visiting Jungfraujoch / Schilthorn: which tickets?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.