Walking in the Lavaux vineyards

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
aussie
aussie
66 posts
Jul 18, 2012 - 5:29 PM
We will be in Lausanne late August, the main reason being that we want to do a walk in through the Lavaux vineyards. I am hoping that some of you might have done this and can advise me where best to start the walk. I feel that as long as the trail isn't too steep, I could walk about 14K,so where would a good place to finish the walk and could we then take a train or boat back to Lausnne? All advice will be most welcome.
Arno
Arno
12288 posts
expert &
Jul 23, 2012 - 5:11 AM
Hello aussie. Unfortunately I haven't been there myself, but I know there are lots of hiking paths crossing the vineyards. Did you check Lausanne tourism? Some Lavaux hikes are described in detail there. For example, there's a gradually downhill path from Grandvaux to Cully taking about 2h30 hours. You can check details using an online map such as maps.search.ch. It looks doable, right? I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Switzerland and Lausanne! Of course, you're welcome to get back to us and share your experiences at the forum.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019