Gornergrat weather end of June, what to wear?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Nofretete88
Nofretete88
14 posts
Mar 30, 2019 - 5:25 PM

Hi! I am visiting Zermatt in end of June and will definitely go up to The Gornergrat in day-time (probably at around 10 a.m., following with an easy trail going down to Zermatt).

I understand that weather can't really be predicted but I just want to roughly know what was the temperature like of The Gornergrat in the past for end of June as I am thinking if thick jacket is needed...

Many thanks!

Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
Mar 30, 2019 - 7:21 PM

Hi Nofretete88,

Good question! You do get to 3090m of altitude at the Gornergrat final stop so the weather cannot be underestimated. You can read more about what to wear here (scroll down) www.myswissalps.com/go rnergrat

It is probably best to check the weather forecast before you go (not just for the clothing but also so you can get a clear day for the stunning views!): www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast

Hope this helps and have a wonderful trip!

Maria.

1960man
1960man
1965 posts
top member
Mar 31, 2019 - 11:28 PM in reply to Nofretete88

Could be 'shorts weather' or it could be snowing - you can not predict too far in advance.

Try searching through the archive dates for the Zermatt webcams

Last modified on Mar 31, 2019 - 11:28 PM by 1960man

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019