Current weather (late April) in Switzerland?

• cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    25 April 2018 at 3:35:00 #815516

Hi,

I will be arriving at Zurich tomorrow at 12pm and will stay in Switzerland for 9 days. How is weather this week? Is it cold, raining, warm etc.? I am mainly concerned about Rain. Is it raining there now?

Thanks

Pratik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2018 at 3:44:59 #883184

Hi Pratik,

Where are you going to be for the 9 days? You can check weather forecasts from a few websites we note here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/weather/forecast

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 April 2018 at 7:28:27 #883185

Hi Pratik,

Don’t worry about forecasts beyond 48 hours. It can be accurate but it can also still change. Or you can get half days of rain and a wonderful other half. That’s how quickly things can change.

cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    25 April 2018 at 11:12:01 #883186

Thank you Lucas and Arno. I will be visiting Jungfrau region, Lucerne, Montreux and Zurich. What’s the current weather there? I will look into the website given by you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 2:22:07 #883187

You’ll find current weather forecasts on the link from my reply.

Furthermore, each mountain has their own weather information, like Jungfraujoch: https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/live/weather/

again, don’t worry about the weather until 24-36 hours out. But it gives you an idea of what to expect for temperature but not sun or cloud (currently quite cold!)

stodgytj
    Participant
    52 posts
    26 April 2018 at 4:40:54 #883188

Currently in Interlaken for a month.

Unusually warm. We did not bring enough warm weather clothing. Murren, Lauterbrunnen both very warm. We might get some rain today, maybe.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 4:45:36 #883189

Be sure to check the weather though – warm for me is not the same as warm for someone else. 🙂

I agree though – apparently it is a high of 22 this Friday which is pretty warm for Interlaken in April.

• The thread ‘Current weather (late April) in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.