What to select as “reduction” for Glacier Express

• Autumn_dew
    Participant
    20 posts
    4 July 2022 at 0:41:58 #827680

We are preparing to make reservations for glacier express tickets.

We are a family of 3 with a 6 year old child. We plan to get a saver day pass with Swiss half fare pass. We will also get a Swiss family pass along with the Swiss half day pass.

We will like to check what options we should select under “reduction” as there is no option for “saver day pass with Swiss half fare pass.”

For our child, I assume we will select “Family Card STS?”

I’m attaching a screenshot of the options available.

Would like to confirm if that’s all I need to do other than the seat reservation and getting the saver day pass on websites like sbb.ch?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    4 July 2022 at 4:05:59 #943935

Hi Autumn dew,

If you are only making Glacier Express seat reservations, you can choose Reservation Only as the Saver Day Pass option is not available. For your daughter, the Family STS is correct.

Be sure to get your Saver Day Pass before your trip. If you have a Swiss Half Fare Card, the Saver Day Pass is cheaper when you book in advance.

regards,

Anna

Autumn_dew
    Participant
    20 posts
    4 July 2022 at 6:49:47 #943936

Hi Anna,

Thanks very much for your advice!

• The thread ‘What to select as “reduction” for Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.