Buy Swiss Travel Pass in Australia or Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 9:18:21 #809632

Hi im from Australia and I’m off to Switzerland and not sure if I should buy my 15 day 2nd class Swiss travel pass before I go or when I arrive in Zurich. Cheers. Jacquie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 July 2016 at 11:13:09 #853918

Hi Jacquie,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The choice is yours, but we usually recommend to simply print your pass at home. That way you can board the first available train straight away rather than spending 5 – 30 minutes (it varies a lot) at a ticket office. To purchase, you can visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home. More purchase options are listed here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 12:21:13 #853919

Hi. I was going to purchase online but I leave on Monday morning. I’ll actually be in Switzerland from the 12 to 30 July. I’m planning on buying the second class 15 day Swiss travel pass as I will be travelling as follows

Ruswil 2 nights, Zurich 3 nights, Bern 3nights, Geneva 4 nights, Luzern 4 nights with a couple of nights unplanned.

im happy for any ideas of what are “must do’s” in each place.

cheers. Jacquie

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 July 2016 at 12:55:49 #853920

Hi Jacquie,

Unfortunately you are too late for an online purchase. Let’s hope it’s not too busy at the airport train station when you’re there. Things to do can be found on each of our town pages: myswissalps.com/ wheretogo/towns.

Just let us know if you have any questions left.

• The thread ‘Buy Swiss Travel Pass in Australia or Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.